The Dynamic Duo

The Dynamic Duo

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What then shall we do?

I was preparing for my sermon last Sunday and decided I would offer to start a Bible study in our church for those who wanted to learn more about the Bible. I love the Bible but have not been a big fan of Bible studies because most of the ones I have attended become either intellectual exercises in who knows the most about the Bible or a group of folks sitting around just focused on themselves. It is alright to learn and it is certainly fine to get help for yourself but then what? I felt I should add a scripture from James Chapter 4:22 "But be doers of the word and not hearers ONLY" I decided to find a group of folks who are willing to read the red words of the Bible (those words Jesus spoke) and then decide how to DO those things. In our church's mission statement it says, "We want to become disciples of Jesus, people who learn what is important in life and then do those things." That's the kind of disciple I want to be. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment