The Dynamic Duo

The Dynamic Duo

Saturday, March 26, 2011

OK Let's get real!


I have been reading blogs concerning "authenticity" such as in worship, prayer or relationships. A concern seems to arise that we will try to hard to be authentic and just chase after this as the newest trend. Psalms are cited where they seem to begin with an unrealistic, "Oh praise the Lord for all things" approach to life that is far from authentic. This "Praise the Lord" phenomenon went through the Christian world in the early 70"s. I read the Psalms and see authenticity that is much deeper than this superficial kind of spirituality. I hear the Psalmist say, "God, smuck my neighbor because he has been bad to me. Pluck out his eyes, punish him, and may his children run away from home. But Lord I trust in you so your will be done in his life." Lamentations, shouting at God, is really being authentic and the Bible seems to encourage us to do this. God is a big boy and can take it. He wants us to be real with Him. That is the only way a relationship can grow. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment