The Dynamic Duo

The Dynamic Duo

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Who am I that God could use me?

In the movie, "The Nativity" Mary is confronted by an angel who tells her what God is doing in her life. Her response (not Biblical but very possible) was, "Who am I that my Lord would use me?" She said yes to God and it not only changed her life but ours as well. God chooses to work through His people. He could do it Himself but that would not be the same. He is calling us to be used by Him. It actually helps define who we are when we say yes to God. A.W. Tozer, a famous Christian author around the turn of the last century writes:
God Wants to Work Through You
Unbelief says:
Some other time, but not now;
some other place, but not here;
some other people, but not us.
Faith says:
Anything He did anywhere else He will do here;
anything He did any other time He is willing to do now;
anything He ever did for other people He is willing to do for us!
With our
feet on the ground,
and our head cool,
but with our heart ablaze with the love of God,
we walk out in this fullness of the Spirit, if we will yield and obey.
God wants to work through you!
The Counselor has come, and He doesn’t care about the limits of
locality,
geography,
time
or nationality.
The Body of Christ is bigger than all of these.
The question is:

Will you open your heart?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this encouraging word... I often feel and hear about how I shouldn't or that I can't do things for God, but I know I can and I will. A life lived for Jesus Christ is moved to serve Him and others. I live it daily and with those around me. I am not limited because I know who I am in Him. I am not defined by others, but by Him. Where others see limitations I see opportunities. God Bless You-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we get talked out of much of what God wants us to do and wants for us. We need to encourage one another. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete